Thursday, April 16, 2015

My grandma's a ninja book review

http://www.examiner.com/review/my-grandma-s-a-ninja-book-review?cid=db_articles

"My Grandma's a Ninja" by Todd Tarpley and illustrated by Danny Chatzikonstantinou is a awesome book about a little boy named Ethan who has a grandma who is a ninja. One would think this is the coolest thing ever. She is the perfect person to teach you and your friends karate, how to move stealthily, and secret ninja tricks. When your grandma is a ninja all the other kids will love and admire you and popularity will abound. That is until being a ninja goes awry.

The illustrations were rich, soft, and beautiful. They definitely will draw readers in from the start. I found that they added a touch of whimsy to the pages, what could have been dark due to the fighting element was very fun looking. The drawings were so cute, I found myself eager to see what would show up next. This is an element that I believe children will adore.

This was a cute book. I would highly recommend it to other early childhood readers and teachers. Fun, action packed, and emotion filled. Having a Ninja for a grandma can be fun, but not all the time. Ethan quickly finds that out. Great lessons this book teaches on appreciating what you have even if it isn't normal. I found this book to be very well written and enjoyable. I think it will fast become a favorite with young readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment