Tuesday, February 11, 2014

ABC: A Great Mini Monster Alphabet Book for Smart Kids

I truly enjoyed this alphabet book. It was a unique take on the usual alphabet books. Those books can sometimes be redundant but this book gave the alphabet flavor. I found the use of monsters to be cute. I really liked how each monster was very different and had their own personality, which was clearly evident in the illustrations.

I found the words to be both clever, fun, and engaging. Skinner has great use of rhyme. I loved the poetry feel of the book. I wanted to see what great word combination and rhyme would show up next. A is for apple, and B is for ball has become very stale, but this book has resurrected the alphabet book. With words like quango, tazzo, and vitta children and adults alike will be expanding their vocabularies.

No comments:

Post a Comment